Monday, November 28, 2011

Mismatched Bridesmaid Dresses

I knew from the beginning of the wedding planning that I wanted to be accommodating to our guests as well as the folks in the wedding.  This was especially important to me and the hubby because we've been poor college students since...what seems like forever.  Many of our friends and family don't have to worry about this, but we do have friends who are just starting out, still in school, buying a new home, etc.  Picking things like attire for our bridesmaids/groomsmen, we wanted to be accommodating to budgets, and taste, as well as pick things that won't be a complete throw-away after the wedding (no one wants to spend hundreds of dollars for an ugly dress that will be thrown out after one night of use).

My solution for the girls:  mismatched dresses!  I love the look of this, as everyone looks their best, being able to pick out dresses that flatter their body type, and it can be a nice change from the normal identical attire.  I chose to go with shades of green.  See my post HERE for my instructions to the girls on dress specifications. 

I included my inspiration board designed at polyvore.com:
bridesmaid dress colors

Here's how the girls did:

Source
I think they all did great:)  I have such pretty friends!

5 comments:

  1. This was a great idea. I always hated the idea of everyone having to wear the same dress. One dress can't flatter all body types and one color can't flatter all skin tones. You and your bridesmaids all looked gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girly;) Dont worry. I've already got your bridesmaids' dresses picked out!! Teeheehee!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that looks great! What a good looking bunch!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...