Monday, February 27, 2012

Japan, Day 12: Jigokudani Monkey Park

Christmas day, the hubby, my mom, my aunt, and I headed to Jigokudani Park, home of the onsen-loving monkeys.  We booked a night in an ryokan not really knowing what to expect, as none of us had seen the monkeys or stayed in this particular area before.  We were definitely in for a treat!  The hike to the park was snowy and leisurely.  Upon getting towards the top of the hills, we were immediately greeted [completely ignored] by monkeys!  As you can imagine, these little fellas are pretty used to humans, so we were able to get close as they were scavenging for food, and take some nice shots.  You can see my husband's photographs HERE.

After seeing the monkeys, we enjoyed some relaxation back at the ryokan with a huge meal, beers, tea, more beer, and time at the onsen.  Here are some of my photos of the monkeys--please click on the pictures to expand them:)


my favorite little guy:)














No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...