Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Gift ideas?



The hubby and I will be leaving in less than 4 weeks for Japan!  I’m so excited!  Not only that, but Thanksgiving is next week!  It’s going to be a good 4 weeks! 
Osaka!
Source

Anyways, since we’ll be visiting some friends and family in Japan, I’d love to take some “American” things to them.  They always send or bring us Japanese foods and gifts like furikake (rice seasoning), seaweed, candies, jingly phone straps/charms, etc.  What should I take to them?  Can you think of anything very “American” but that they wouldn’t have there?  Japan is becoming more and more westernized…this could be hard.  Plus, I would like to find things that won't completely put me over the weight limit for baggage.  Here’s what I’m thinking so far:
  • nice chocolates (expensive in japan): Lindt, See's, etc.
  • Wine/alcohols
  • meats/cheeses
  • jams/preserves
  • coffee
  • honey
  • american snacks/dips
  • Bacon Jam
  • key chains
  • shirts
  • OSU beaver apparel (go Beavs!)

2 comments:

  1. I had a friend in japan and he said he always had a hard time finding peanut butter! maybe you can try that? And i love it all but the OSU gear *Quack* :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...