Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Schick Hydro Silk Razor Review


A few weeks ago I was able to try out (for free) the Schick Hydro Silk razor thanks to Bzzagent.  Now, I'm like any other lady; I like to have silky smooth legs, which only comes with a close clean shave.  I normally use razors made for men--they are no frills, no gimmicks, a close shave every time...and the blades seem to stay sharper longer than most blades made for women.  

That being said, I was very hesitant to try this razor.  When a razor makes claims about super hydration, I tend to roll my eyes and go straight back to my man razor.  Well, this time I tried it.  Here's what I thought:

Good:
  • I liked the holder.  It's simple, sticks to the wall of my shower easily, easy to move, and hasn't fallen off when it's not supposed to.  It keeps my limited shower shelving space clear and keeps the blades from rusting.
  • The handle.  It fits well in my hand and makes my grip feel extra secure.  No razor cuts due to slipping of the handle!
  • Clean close shave.  Yes. This works as well as the man razors.  WOO!




The not so good:
  • The head of the razor.  It's SO big and bulky.  It feels like I'm maneuvering a bobsled through a mouse maze most of the time.  
  • The water activated moisture serum.  This is probably just me, so bear that in mind when I say this:  I hate moisture strips.  They just seem gross and slimy to me.  Is that just me?  This one is no different, although this one DOES dry between showers, so no gooey goopy gross mess to worry about when just moving the razor.  I don't believe any of the moisturizing strips really help moisturize after a shave, but maybe that's just me.

Overall:
I think this is a great razor for most women.  It provides a close shave, has an awesome holder, and has great hand feel.  One other thing to consider when buying this is the fact that when you buy the razor it comes with a replacement blade.  Yay!  It ends up being a good value.  With the not-so-good being mainly a preference thing, I think it's fair to say that I'm just being picky.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...