Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Big Kick


I bought a Sizzix Big Kick after doing some research on a good multipurpose tool.  I wanted something that I could use several brands of dies and embossing folders in, and also have the capability to possibly letterpress or make my own embossing folders in.  The great thing about the Big Kick (or the Big Shot--they're the same thing) is that it's got a multipurpose "platform".  What does that mean?  Well, the platform is the wedge of plastic that sits on the bottom of your project, giving it enough thickness to make sure the machine is putting the right amount of pressure on whatever you're doing (cutting, embossing, etc).  Since the machine is not adjustable, this is the only way to make sure that you're putting the right amount of pressure on each project as it's being rolled through the machine.  The multipurpose platform basically has several thicknesses of plastic on a hinge, connecting it to the main large piece of platform.  Hard to explain, but there are tons of videos online about it.

Anyways, I was excited to try it out--I got an awesome deal on it, along with some Cuttlebug embossing folders...

I love that I can get whatever brand of embossing folders/dies I want and they all work on the Big Shot:)

I thought this owl was pretty cute!

what the folder looks like when it's open

stick the paper (card in this case) inside the folder

roll...

roll...

ta-da!

it's hard to tell just how raised the image is, but it looks and feels really great.

another embossing folder.  I love that these are the perfect size for cards, and you can also use them for scraps of paper if you want to attach it as an embellishment.


Cant wait to play with this some more!

2 comments:

  1. That is seriously awesome!! I want one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for entering the giveaway on my wedding blog! So nice to see new faces! I love your blogs and this little owl! My friend just picked up an embossing machine for me and now that ive seen your owl I cant wait to use it! :) Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...