Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Dinner Together

I love having dinner with Craig. It feels so much nicer to just make dinner, and sit at the table together enjoying the food, drink, and conversation. I grew up eating dinner with my family every night, though, so maybe that's part of why I enjoy it so much. Unfortunately, it gets hard to find time in our busy (and most of the time conflicting) schedules to make a nice dinner and enjoy it together. Tonight was a night when we were able to do that. We didn't make dinner together--Craig went to get a workout this evening, so I prepared dinner so it would be waiting for him when he got home. Here's what was on the menu: Goat cheese stuffed chicken breasts with rice, salad, artichoke, and baked vegetables topped with Parmesan cheese. It was really good, but I spent a good amount of time making it.

The chicken was really easy--I made the goat cheese filling with plain goat cheese, chopped basil from the backyard, lemon juice, and lemon zest.















The beautiful artichoke--haven't had one of these in so long! It reminds me of my Aunt Jane.


Here are the mixed veggies that I stuck in the oven--it's a mix of potatoes, onions, and zucchini with lots of garlic and some sesame oil. I topped these later with parmesan cheese to get a nice golden crust!


The final result: Too much food for two people! Huge plates of delicious food. It was awesome!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...