Saturday, June 4, 2011

DIY wedding flower bootcamp

So, a couple of weeks ago, I bought a Groupon for a DIY wedding flower bootcamp at the Floral Design Institute here in Portland.  The Groupon was $95, but since I had a $10 Groupon credit (I dont know when/who I got that from), it was only $85 for me.  Now, I know this is a lot of money, but since I've been stressing out over the whole flower situation and doing them myself, I decided if anything, the amount of time I can save just by getting some practice should be worth the money.  Besides...it was a class normally priced at $195, which includes all the materials--FLOWERS!--and it was only one day.  Fun!

Anyways, I learned a lot, and am starting to think I may tackle fresh flower bouquets for the guys and corsages for the moms and other special ladies:)  Here are pics of some of the things I made.

Bouquet using a nosgay.  Not a huge fan of these, but it did look nice.  I still prefer hand tied bouquets.





Corsage.  Not a big fan of the gluing method we used to create these, but I know how to wire and wrap them now:)

Boutonniere

Flower girl head gear as modeled by Maddie. 




Also made a hand-tied bouquet, not pictured here. 

I had a great time at this class, and it has given me more confidence to do my own DIY flowers.  Are you planning on doing your own flowers for your wedding too?







1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...