Saturday, June 27, 2009

Keeping it open

I've decided that since I never blog, I'm going to have to leave this window open until I post something each day.

SO.
I've had this window open for 3 days now. So much for the motivation. I think the fact that I have about 5 other tabs open on my Firefox makes it less of a big deal. I just made the most asian dinner I could think of--rice with seaweed, miso soup, and vegetables. It has been at least 10 days since I started my pescatarian diet. Actually, I haven't even eaten any fish, so at this point, I am a vegetarian.
[Thank god I didn't have to give up cheese, milk, or eggs]

I started my second week of work up here in Olympia yesterday. I am working in an Albertson's pharmacy in Tumwater. I really enjoy the people I've been working with. My preceptors are very laid back, and everyone seems willing to provide answers, no matter how stupid they are. I feel like a totally useless goob sometimes, but my preceptor said I'm catching on really quick...and she doesn't really seem like the type to stroke someone's ego. I guess I just have to keep in mind that I'm completely new at what I'm doing, so stupid questions are expected.

I've been living in Lacey with a woman named Betty. Her house is beautiful--it's right on a lake. She has her own dock, and the house has a beautiful sunroom, which is awesome to just sit, read, relax, and feel the warm breeze. It's so peaceful here. I've only gone fishing off her dock a couple times--I think I need to figure out what the locals are using for bait. I eyeballed a H U G E fish (carp I think). It was next to some reeds, which are right near the yard--only about a foot and a half of water at most. This fish (I'm calling him Ferd) was at least 2 feet long. He was so big, his back was actually sticking out of the water. Crazy fish.

Anyways, this post is long enough. I'll write more later.

1 comment:

  1. I really wish I could see the place. You should take some pictures of the lake and dock!

    The thing about keeping the tab open, good idea. I do that too, but for different reasons.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...